- Position available on both a full-time and part-time basis.
- Flexible working hours and working from home available.
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave.
With approximately 47,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
While we are a large global business, we aren’t tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.
Our Newcastle Mechanical team is looking to grow with the addition of an intermediate Mechanical Engineer. Work within a multi-disciplined engineering team and deliver on a diverse range of infrastructure projects. Utilise your pumps, pipes and slurry experience.
What you’ll do:
- Working in an established team of mechanical-discipline engineering team within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver a diverse range of mine process and non-process infrastructure projects
- Engineering design at every project stage for clients within various sectors
- Assisting with scope and budget development in response to clients’ needs
- Support team to provide technical experience and expertise in designing coal handling and process plant and associated mining infrastructure.
What we’ll love about you:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognised institution
- Ideally, three to five years’ local experience
- Experience in hydraulic design (pumps and pipes) is essential
- Experience in coal or minerals processing would be highly desirable but not essential
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication abilities.
What you’ll love about us
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.